Looking for foodservice industry news? Check out the latest foodservice industry news stories, plus this week’s recipe and promotion from Central for the week of January 14-18.
Foodservice Industry News
- National Restaurant Association: Customers Still Seek Value When Dining Out
- Bloomberg: Yelp Adds Restaurant Health-Inspection Scores to Website
- CBS This Morning: Inside The Upcoming, High-Profile Inaugural Luncheon
- Huff Post Food: Restaurant Employees Have Broad Public Support for Better Pay, Sick Days–Survey
- Nation’s Restaurant News: Report–Consumer Confidence Rises As Restaurant Sales, Traffic Fall in December
- National Restaurant Association: NRA To Stay On Top of Farm Bill to Ensure Dairy Prices Don’t Rise
- Mobile Cuisine: How Businesses Are Tapping Into the Food Truck Industry
- Newser: Sandal–Some Subway ‘Footlongs’ Just 11 Inches
- MSN Money: Breakfast Pizza Becomes a Hot Menu Item
- KENS San Antonio 5: New Nutritional Guidelines Stick School Directors in Kitchen Battle
Recipe of the Week
Many people cringe at the thought of cauliflower–but don’t be too quick to judge. Cauliflower is actually a great recipe swap and a healthy alternative. Chefs, bloggers and foodies all over are coming out with extremely great recipe swaps that aren’t far off, or off at all, from the comfort foods we know and love.
For those of you that enjoy tater tots or potato cakes, cut the carb intake in half with cauliflower fritters. Don’t worry, by the time all the ingredients are mixed in, cauliflower is just one of the many puzzle pieces.
SkinnyTaste’s cauliflower fritter recipe is a great recipe to start with. And if you’re not one for texture, chop the cauliflower more than the recommendation.
This Week’s Promotion
Not only do we have a promotion this week, but we are excited to announce the arrival of our latest catalog! It hit the stands on Monday January 14 and features the lowest prices and free shipping on all Vulcan products.
And as an extra little tid bit, we’ve updated our website to include Vulcan’s entire product line. So whatever we couldn’t squeeze into our 385 page catalog, it’s on our website.
Let us know if you’d like a copy of our catalog and we’ll be sure to get it to you as soon as possible.
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as special discounts, new product alerts and even early access to our clearance list.