Foodservice Industry News: Week in Brief February 1
Looking for foodservice industry news? Check out the latest news stories, plus this week’s recipe and promotion from Central for the week of January 28-February 1.
Foodservice Industry News
- Nation’s Restaurant News: Restaurant Operators Downbeat As Sales, Traffic Soften
- Supermarket News: Safeway Donates Salad Bars to Schools
- HuffPost: Taco Bell Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Tacos are ‘Coming Soon,’ CEO Greg Creed Says
- CBS News: School Vending Machine Laws Would Help Kids Lose Weight, Study Shows
- Red Alert Politics: Americans Will Eat 1.23 Billion Chicken Wings During Super Bowl Weekend
- National Restaurant Association: Credit Card Rule Changes: More to Surcharging Than Meets the Eye
- Nation’s Restaurant News: How the Subway ‘Footlong’ Flap Unfolded
- HuffPost Food: Greek Yogurt in School Lunches Introduced as Meat Alternative in USDA Pilot Program
- Mobile Cuisine: Food Truck Owners See Prices At The Pump Increase
- National Restaurant Association: Redesigned NRA Website Improves Navigation, Access to Content
Recipe of the Week
Friday February 1 was Central’s annual Chili Cookoff. We had over 25 entries that were mostly chili and soups, but also included appetizers, entrees and desserts too.
Chicken Enchilada and Six Pepper won first and second place for the chili category, Jalapeno Dip and Cocktail Wieners won first and second for the appetizer category and Peanut Butter Pie and Blueberry Crumble Bars won first and second for the dessert category.
All entries were exceptional–we have such great chefs here at Central! One of the winning recipes, Blueberry Crumb Bars, was super easy to make according to Designer Stephanie Paulson. It’s from the Smitten Kitchen website and she looks forward to playing with the recipe more, testing out other fruits and flavors. Give it a try yourself!
This Week’s Promotion
We’ve also updated our website to include Vulcan’s entire product line. So whatever we couldn’t squeeze into our 385 page catalog, it’s on our website.
Let us know if you’d like a copy of our catalog and we’ll be sure to get it to you as soon as possible.
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as special discounts, new product alerts and even early access to our clearance list.