Looking for foodservice industry news? Check out the latest news stories, plus this week’s recipe and promotion from Central for the week of February 4 -February 8.
Foodservice Industry News
- QSR Magazine: Science: The Next Big Ingredient – High-tech cooking methods trickle into limited-service restaurants
- Huffington Post: Vibriosis, Deadly Disease Associated With Raw Oysters, May Get More Common As Ocean Warms
Recipe of the Week
This week’s featured recipe comes from one of Central’s employees, IT Director Tim Kabrich. Tim’s Jalapeno Popper Dip won first place for appetizers in our annual Chili Cookoff.
- 6-8 slices of bacon, diced and cooked crispy
- 2 8-oz packages of cream cheese, soft
- 4-6 jalapeno’s, chopped and deseeded. The seeds will make it fiery hot.
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 1 cup of crushed crackers (I used Ritz)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- ½ stick of butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350.
Combine all of the ingredients into a medium bowl, Stir well. Transfer to 13×9 dish.
Combine the topping ingredients and sprinkle all over the top of the dip.
Bake the dip for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Served with Frito Scoops.
- Vulcan VRH Cook and Hold Ovens Provide Labor and Energy Savings
- Super Bowl Food Commercials
- Wordless Wednesday: Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
- Valentine’s Day Restaurant Specials and Ideas 2013
This Week’s Promotion
We’ve also updated our website to include Vulcan’s entire product line. So whatever we couldn’t squeeze into our 385 page catalog, it’s on our website.
Let us know if you’d like a copy of our catalog and we’ll be sure to get it to you as soon as possible.
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as special discounts, new product alerts and even early access to our clearance list.