Promotions and Restaurant Ideas for Lenten Season 2013
Lenten season has just begun, and many customers are looking for restaurants that offer some sort of Lenten specials so they can still eat out. Vegetarian or meatless dishes reign supreme during this time, so it’s important to have at least one option for guests observing Lent. We’ll keep updating this list once we hear about new ideas and promotions, but in the meantime here are some ideas that you can use to promote your restaurant during Lenten season:
- Offer some sort of fish, shrimp or vegetarian special. Let your chef get creative and come up with ways to feature these key menu items, even if your restaurant doesn’t offer them usually
- If burgers are your main menu fare, offer a meatless patty for those observing Lenten season
- Get creative with seafood! Not all Lenten menu items have to be fish or shrimp related. Think of crab cakes, lobster, crawfish – the possibilities are endless, use your imagination! Seafood is at it’s prime during the Spring.
- Make sure you market these menu offerings frequently so customers will know your restaurant is an option to dine at
- Use the phrase “for a limited time only” so people will get in the door quickly and often
- McDonald’s: The debut of Fish McBites and an upgrade of the Filet-O-Fish sandwich using Alaskan Pollock that is sourced from sustainable fisheries
- Carl’s Jr./Hardee’s: New Charbroiled Atlantic Cod Fish Sandwich
- Wendy’s: Premium Fish Filet sandwich being advertised as made with “100-percent North Pacific Cod”
- Culver’s: Northwoods Walleye sandwich for a limited time only, along with regular menu staples North Atlantic Cod sandwich and North Atlantic Cod dinner
- Famous Dave’s: Sweetwater Catfish is back after a three-year long hiatus and is now a permanent option on the chain’s menu
- Marie Callender’s: Cajun Salmon & Jumbo Shrimp, Grilled Mahi Mahi Cabo Tacos and Crispy Jumbo Shrimp Dinner
- McAlister’s Deli: Cajun Shrimp Caesar Wrap, Po Boy and Caesar Wrap, along with vegetarian options including garden salads, vegetarian chili, nachos and tuna salad sandwiches
- White Castle: New Mac & Cheese Nibblers and Shrimp Nibblers for a limited time
Keep checking back for an updated list!