Foodservice Industry News Week in Brief 3/15
Looking for foodservice industry news? Check out the latest news stories, plus this week’s recipe, blogs and promotion from Central for the week of March 11 – March 15.
Foodservice Industry News
- National Restaurant Association: 2013 FABI Awards reflect top industry trends
- New York Times: A bumpy road to a soda ban
- National Restaurant Association: Restaurant sales dampened in January and February
- Convenience Store News: Exploring foodservice from every angle
- NY Daily News: Taco Bell’s Doritos Locos so popular fast-food giant added 15,000 jobs last year
- HellaWella: Justin Timberlake sings and dances about vegan food on SNL
- The Wall Street Journal: Snap! Crackle! Pop!: Rice Krispies may be banished from schools
- NewsDay: FDA head says meny labeling ‘thorny’ issue
- Nation’s Restaurant News: Caribou Coffee returns to TV advertising
- Let’s Move! #AskFLOTUS: The First Lady discusses Let’s Move! on Twitter
Recipe of the Week (St. Patrick’s Day Restaurant Specials)
We’re mixing it up this week for St. Patrick’s Day! Visit our Pinterest “St. Patrick’s Day Recipes & Ideas” board on Pinterest for TONS of themed recipes. Then below, check out what some restaurants around the country are doing to celebrate. (Or just coupons and deals going on this weekend). What’s your restaurant/foodservice up to? Comment below!
- Arby’s: New York Style Rueben – Buy One Get One Free
- McDonald’s: McCafe Shamrock Shake
- Smashburger: Mint Oreo Shake
- Einstein Bagels: Shamrock Sugar Cookies
- Jamba Juice: $2 Coupon for Fruit & Veggie Smoothies
- Denny’s: 20% Off Entire Guest Check
- Firehouse Subs: Free 32 oz. Fountain Drink & Bag of Chips when you purchase New York Steamer
- Bob Evans: $4 off $20 Dine-In Purchase with Two Drinks
- Trust In True Refrigeration Reach-In Models for Longer Lasting Food
- St. Patrick’s Day Ideas for Restaurants 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: Taylor’s Bakery
- Taylor’s Bakery: The Secret to Staying in Business for 100 Years (and Going)
This Week’s Promotion
Our March master catalog dropped this week, which means there’s a brand new promotion. Now through May 5, through Central, you can get the lowest prices and free shipping on True’s entire line of refrigeration.
Let us know if you’d like a copy of our catalog and we’ll be sure to get it to you as soon as possible.
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as special discounts, new product alerts and even early access to our clearance list.
Did you know? We’ve joined Instagram! Follow us at centralrestaurantproducts!