Looking for the latest foodservice industry news? Check out the latest news stories, plus this week’s recipe, blogs and promotion from Central for the week of May 6-10.
Foodservice Industry News
- Food Business News: Grain Futures Higher On Supply Concerns
- National Restaurant Association: NRA Expert Testifies on Importance of Tourism
- Nation’s Restaurant News: What’s Hot
- EATER: The 35 Most Anticipated Openings of Spring and Summer
- NACS Online: Dining Out For Sandwiches on the Rise
- Mobile Cuisine: Cleveland Food Truck Tied To Hero Charles Ramsey
- Fast Casual: 80 Million Americans Expected to Dine Out for Mother’s Day
- SmartBlog on Food & Beverage: Rising Costs and Other Spirited Stories
- So Good: Can Fast Food Get Any Cheaper?
- The Daily Meal: Check Out This $100 Burger in Atlantic City
Recipe of the Week
Did you know you can do so many things with spaghetti squash? It’s been labeled as a great alternative to pasta, which it is. But if you haven’t tried it before, don’t approach it like you’re getting ready to eat a actual spaghetti. It’s different, but it’s very good in it’s own way.
Even better, it’s really healthy. Hungry Girl explained it’s low in calories (42 per a one cup serving), less than a gram of fat and 10 carbs. Or, to put it this way, she said actual spaghetti has five times as many calories as spaghetti squash.
So, now that we’ve armed you with all the benefits of spaghetti squash, there are so many different ways to prepare it and not feel guilty about it eating the entire serving. It’s a great add to summer menus too.
Here are a few spaghetti squash recipes to test out. Enjoy!
- Hungry Girl: Twice Baked Spaghetti Squash
- Skinnytaste: Cheesy Baked Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken
- Food Network: Spaghetti Squash Carbonara
- Real Simple: Spaghetti Squash Casserole with Ricotta and Spinach
- All Recipes: Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
- Metro C5™ T-Series Transport Armour ™
- Central Launches New Mobile Website For Smartphone Users!
- Wordless Wednesday: Central’s May Catalog
- Mother’s Day Restaurant Specials
This Week’s Promotion
There is so much going on at Central! Here is a quick run-down of our current promotions and news.
May Catalog and Promotion
Our May catalog hit the stands on Monday May 6 and features our latest promotion: Lowest prices and free shipping on Hobart and Traulsen.
Both are industry leading foodservice equipment manufacturers that have been around 75+ years. As an added bonus, any Hobart or Traulsen item we have in stock in our warehouse can be shipped the same day if the order is placed by 5 p.m. (EDT). Read more on our blog, or request a free catalog.
Mobile Website for Smartphone Users
We had been teasing a big announcement last week which was the launch of our new new mobile website for smartphone users! It’s really neat, easy to use and has convenient features, such as when you’re logged in it, you can directly call your product consultant.
Best of all, it allows you to shop online anytime anywhere. The foodservice industry isn’t a nine to five job, and really who has time to sit at a desk anymore to order restaurant equipment? So now we’ve got a handy website, so while you’re cooking you can order that new range at the same time. Just don’t drop your phone in the pot. Check out all the details on our new mobile site on our blog.
Let us know if you’d like a copy of our catalog and we’ll be sure to get it to you as soon as possible.
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as special discounts, new product alerts and even early access to our clearance list.
Did you know? We’ve joined Instagram! Follow us at centralrestaurantproducts!