Father’s Day Promotional Ideas & Specials
Just like Mother’s Day, Father’s Day is an extremely busy weekend for the restaurant industry, and a great way to make some extra profit. If you plan your specials right, your weekend will be filled with guests who will want to visit again. Your restaurant will want to plan out some specials, along with promotional ideas for a successful holiday weekend so here are some ideas to help.
1. Plan your specials around the holiday
Think about what dads usually want to eat on Father’s Day, whether it be a steak dinner or an Italian feast. Depending on what your restaurant serves, aim your special menu towards the day. To ease the pain of having to deal with two menus, only use one set menu so the kitchen staff won’t be overwhelmed with things to cook. The better your service is, the more pleased your guests will be!
2. Start advertising now!
The only way to get customers in your restaurant’s doors is through advertising. You may think that putting ads up and in newspapers or magazines is expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. Create an event page on Facebook, and tell your fans to spread the world. Print out a flyer and post them around town. You could also have your waitstaff tell customers about the upcoming promotion when they visit.
There will be many other restaurants competing for Father’s Day business, so give potential customers a reason to visit. Why choose your restaurant over every other one? Some ideas include having every family’s picture taken while dining, give out coupons for discounts off of future visits or teaming up with other business for discounts off of oil changes, a round of golf — anything that a dad would want and could potentially use!
4. Preoccupy the children
It is Father’s Day after all, so it’s a good idea to have something to preoccupy the children that will be dining with family. No one wants to sit next to a table with loud, unruly kids! Print off pictures and give out crayons so children can color, or give construction paper so kids can make cards for their fathers.
5. Keep customers coming back
This goes along with giving customers a reason to visit. You want them to have an enjoyable experience at your restaurant, but you also want them to come dine with you again. After their meal has finished, stick a coupon or two into their bill. Coupons could offer a percentage off of their next visit, or even a simple free drink – the choice is up to you!
- IKEA: Dads receive a free breakfast plate and cup of coffee until 11:00 a.m. on Sunday
- Buca di Beppo: $10 off a $20 minimum purchase coupon until June 16th. All Dads receive a free cannoli for Father’s Day
- First Watch Daytime Cafe: All Dad’s receive a free bottle of maple syrup on June 16th
- TCBY: Free yogurt for all dads on Father’s Day
- Beef O’ Brady’s: Dads eat free with the purchase of an entree up to $10 (no coupon needed)
- The Loop Pizza & Grill: Free meal for Dad with the purchase of a meal
- Spaghetti Warehouse: Free lasagne or original recipe spaghetti with coupon at lunch or dinner for dads!
- Boston Market: Buy one BBQ Ribs individual Meal and get another free on Sunday, June 16th
- Caribou Coffee: Buy one drink and get another free with coupon on Father’s Day
- Hooters: Buy 10 wings, get 10 free wings for Dad
- Firehouse Subs: Free medium sub for Dad with coupon
- Shoney’s: Dads receive hot fudge cake dessert with an entree purchase