Foodservice Industry News Week in Brief: September 23-27
Foodservice Industry News
Looking for the latest foodservice industry news?
Check out the latest news stories, plus this week’s product, blogs and promotions from Central for the week of September 23 through September 27.
- National Restaurant Association: More than 1,000 operators use Notification Tool (Healthcare Reform)
- Eater: 16% of Yelp restaurant reviews are fake, study says
- QSR Magazine: For future’s sake–Operators seek sustainable proteins with future supply in mind
- FE&S: Bar Rescue–The beverage business’ changing design
- FEDA: Employer responsibilities under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (for 2014)
- TIME: US consumers boost spending 0.3 percent in August
- Monkey Dish: 10 aha’s from FSTEC
- NPR Food: McDonald’s says bye-bye to sugary sodas in happy meals
- Mobile Cuisine: How willl ObamaCare affect the food truck industry?
- HuffPost Healthy Living: McDonald’s to offer salad, fruit or vegetable as substitute for French Fries
Blenders can get pretty loud, which can be a nuisance to customers and foodservice workers. Vitamix had a request from the world’s largest coffee chain to create a blender that would provide consistent results…but quieter. Hence: The Quiet One.
The Quiet One was the recipient of the 2011 kitchen innovations award for it’s groundbreaking hush. Other perks of this blender that foodservices will appreciate are it’s custom blending programs, magnetically-secured back cover that reduces cleaning time and an overall shorter blend time.
- Cambro’s Camwear® cold food pans increase food safety
- Fall menu trends 2013
- Wordless Wednesday: Apple orchard sweets
- Plastic trays: Which type is best for your foodservice operation?
Now through Nov. 3, 2013, all Cambro products are 20% off. Plus, we have thousands of Cambro products in stock that can be shipped the same day if ordered by 5 p.m. EST. Request your free catalog or shop now on our website.
Hamilton Beach Price Drop
Take advantage of a 42% price drop on Hamilton Beach Commercial. Plus, most items are in stock and can ship the same day if ordered by 5 p.m. EST.
Mobile Website for Smartphone Users
Central’s mobile website has convenient features and allows you to shop online anytime, anywhere. Check out all the details about our mobile site on our blog.
Save Up To 30% on World Tableware
Take advantage of savings up to 30% off on best-selling china and flatware from World Tableware. Most of these items are in stock and can ship the same day if ordered by 5 p.m. EST.
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as discounts, new product alerts and early access to our clearance list.
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, or recommend us on Google+ for other daily foodservice news throughout the week. Also, be sure to check out our Pinterest boards and watch videos on our YouTube channel.
Thanks for checking out this week’s foodservice industry news!