Whippers 101: Endless Menu Opportunities for Foodservices
Whippers: Going Beyond Whipped Cream
When it comes to making whipped cream, purchasing a whipper is a much more sanitary and cost effective option in comparison to pre-packaged containers or aerosol cans. Whippers create many other items in addition to whipped cream which allows all types of foodservices to expand their menu and increase profitability.
iSi is a “portable energy” manufacturer for the culinary, automotive and industrial industry, with one of their product lines being whippers. The company (iSi North America) was established in 1977 and is one of the leading brands among chefs because their whippers allow them to create such unique and fresh products. With a whipper, foodservices can create items such as:
- Fresh whipped cream
- Light and frothy foams
- Creamy soups
- Carbonated fruit
- Mousses and desserts
- Aerated batters and sauces
- Instant infusions
- Marinade injections
- Pastry and pasta fillings
Benefits of Using a Whipper
According to iSi, a whipper system (charger and whipper) allows a foodservice professional to create a sealed airtight environment to keep contents fresh and can be refrigerated for up to 10 days.
Whippers create a cost savings too as they make four to five times the volume of a finished product to liquid content.
iSi’s whippers in particular are flexible as they can be used in the back of the house but have a professional and clean design ideal for a front of the house presentation.
To get started, a foodservice needs a whipper and a pack of chargers. Once those two items are in house, the foodservice professional can put fresh ingredients into the whipper, seal it, add the charger and shake the whipper. After this step the food or beverage is ready to be served.
When finished serving, iSi’s whippers are easy to clean and are dishwasher safe. Their whippers are also NSF certified and fulfill the highest food safety requirements.
Menu possibilities that stem from using a whipper are endless. Below are various foodservice sectors iSi said will benefit from this foodservice supply:
- Health care: Fruit purees, dietary specific salad dressings and sauces
- Bar and Nightclub: Infused alcohol cocktails, foam topped cocktails, carbonated fruit garnish, hand crafted soda water
- Bakery and Coffee: Flavored whipped cream, filling and decorating baked goods, carbonated teas, hand crafted sodas
- Restaurant: Foams, epsuma, sauces, light and fluffy pancake batter, crispy batter for Tempura frying, eggs benedict with Hollandaise sauce
- Frozen dessert: Self-serve whipped cream with iSi thermo express whip, flavored toppings
- Hotel and catering: Self-serve whipped cream for ice cream bars, aerated soups, hot chocolate, upscale appetizer presentations, decor for appetizers, main plates, cakes, pies and more
View Central’s selection of whippers, including iSi’s products, on our website. You can also contact a product consultant at 800-215-9293 to discuss other available options customizable to your foodservice’s needs.