Food Service Industry News Week in Brief: August 22
Food Service News
Looking for the latest food service news? Check out the latest news stories, plus this week’s blog and promotions from Central for the week of August 18 through August 22.
- Adweek: Restaurants are starting to serve up the bill before the meal
- NRN Online: Sonic to reveal ‘Mystery Disappearing Slush’ flavor on Snapchat
- Washington Post: From the ground up: ‘Not hipstery, not Starbucks’
- Restaurant Business: Ferguson, Mo. restaurants see sales plummet 50 percent
- Fast Casual: NPR’s On Point explores healthy options and the fast casual segment
- Pizza Marketplace: California legislature passes bill making it harder to terminate franchising agreements
- Eater: Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’ wins another Emmy
- Orlando Sentinel: Schools aim for restaurant-style service in lunchrooms
- SNA survey indicates continued challenges for school meal programs
- Nation’s Restaurant News: Taco Bell to launch dollar cravings menu
Central’s Blog Posts
- Spice up your food presentation with American Metalcraft Endurance trays
- Central does the Ice Bucket Challenge!
- Wordless Wednesday: Ice Bucket Challenge
- The wonderful world of induction cooking
Visit CentralRestaurant.com to view these promotions!
15% off Vollrath
This promotion, in conjunction with Central’s July catalog offers 15% off all Vollrath products through September 5th. Hundreds of items are in stock and ready to ship the same day for for orders placed before 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. Shop now!
Manitowoc Ice Machines
New lower prices and free shipping on Manitowoc ice machines! Top products in stock and ready to ship today. Plus 10% off 3M water filter systems and cartridges. Shop now!
Hot summer deals can be found with Cleveland equipment. Take advantage of new low prices and free shipping. Shop now!
Low prices and new products! Shop now!
Central Exclusive Cutlery
Receive 20% off exclusive cutlery from Central! Shop now!
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as discounts, new product alerts and early access to our clearance list. Don’t forget to sign up and request your free copy of our latest catalog!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, or recommend us on Google+ for other daily foodservice news throughout the week. Also, be sure to check out our Pinterest boards and watch videos on our YouTube
Featured image via Chris Goldberg