Food Service Industry News Week in Brief: August 29
Food Service News
Looking for the latest food service news? Check out the latest news stories, plus this week’s blog and promotions from Central for the week of August 25 through August 29.
- Eater: 40 Percent of Restaurant Workers Live in Poverty
- Fortune: Will a Dog-Abuse Scandal Sink Stadium Caterer Centerplate?
- QSR Magazine: Burger King’s Big Move
- Restaurant Hospitality: Harvest Season Yields Fruitful Fall Menus
- BuzzFeed Food: People are Going Crazy for this Butter Knife Kickstarter and That’s Because It’s Utter Genius
- National Restaurant Association: Study – Employees See Career Potential, Mobility in Industry
- NPR’s The Salt: Diplomats and Lawyers Try to Define ‘ Cultrually Acceptable Food’
- Fast Casual: A Thing for Wings
- Washington Post: Uber Tests Lunch Delivery Service with uberFRESH
- Food Management: SNA Releases School Nutrition 2014 Report
Central’s Blog Posts
- Lakeside Queen Mary Breakdown Cart Makes Presorting Dishes Easy!
- Use Mobile Marketing for Immediate Results!
- Wordless Wednesday: Hail Caesar!
- A Beginner’s Guide to Sous-vide
Visit CentralRestaurant.com to view these promotions!
15% off Vollrath
This promotion, in conjunction with Central’s July catalog offers 15% off all Vollrath products through September 5th. Hundreds of items are in stock and ready to ship the same day for for orders placed before 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. Shop now!
Manitowoc Ice Machines
New lower prices and free shipping on Manitowoc ice machines! Top products in stock and ready to ship today. Plus 10% off 3M water filter systems and cartridges. Shop now!
Hot summer deals can be found with Cleveland equipment. Take advantage of new low prices and free shipping. Shop now!
Low prices and new products! Shop now!
Central Exclusive Cutlery
Receive 20% off exclusive cutlery from Central! Shop now!
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as discounts, new product alerts and early access to our clearance list. Don’t forget to sign up and request your free copy of our latest catalog!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, or recommend us on Google+ for other daily foodservice news throughout the week. Also, be sure to check out our Pinterest boards and watch videos on our YouTube