Food Service News Week in Brief: August 15
Food Service News
Looking for the latest food service news? Check out the latest news stories, plus this week’s blog and promotions from Central for the week of August 11 through August 15.
- FastCo: The Science Of Menu Design: How Restaurants Can Make You Choose A Salad Over A Cheeseburger
- Smithsonian: Food trends, as revealed by the New York Times’ coverage
- News.Com.Au: The world’s most dangerous food
- Details: The Secret Ingredient in Your Cocktail: Salt
- Huffington Post: Chances Are, You’re Eating These Foreign Foods Wrong
- Restaurant Hospitality: How to prevent insect infestations at your restaurant
- National Restaurant Association: Economist’s Notebook: Restaurant sales continue to trend upward
- QSR Web: Wearable technology brings a new world of opportunity to the restaurant industry
- The Windsor Star: Room service approach makes hospital food ‘actually taste good’
- RestaurantNews: Chick-fil-A Looks to Perk Sales by Offering First-Ever Specialty-Grade Coffee in QSR Industry
Central’s Blog Posts
- Commercial Toasters: Getting the Most Out of Your Toast
- Prolonging Your Refrigeration Equipment’s Life Through Preventative Maintenance
- Wordless Wednesday: Aji De Gallina
- Dining Events: Bringing in New Customers to Your Restaurant
Visit CentralRestaurant.com to view these promotions!
15% off Vollrath
This promotion, in conjunction with Central’s July catalog offers 15% off all Vollrath products through September 5th. Hundreds of items are in stock and ready to ship the same day for for orders placed before 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday. Shop now!
Manitowoc Ice Machines
New lower prices and free shipping on Manitowoc ice machines! Top products in stock and ready to ship today. Plus 10% off 3M water filter systems and cartridges. Shop now!
Hot summer deals can be found with Cleveland equipment. Take advantage of new low prices and free shipping. Shop now!
Low prices and new products! Shop now!
Central Exclusive Cutlery
Receive 20% off exclusive cutlery from Central! Shop now!
To keep up with the latest, subscribe to Central’s email list and get exclusive benefits such as discounts, new product alerts and early access to our clearance list. Don’t forget to sign up and request your free copy of our latest catalog!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, or recommend us on Google+ for other daily foodservice news throughout the week. Also, be sure to check out our Pinterest boards and watch videos on our YouTube
Featured image via Chris Goldberg