According to San Francisco Business Examiner, not since 9/11 have restaurants experienced such a rapid decline in customer count, volume and profit.
You’ve probably already heard this advice before: offer specials to attract customers; change out the menu often; analyze costs and take precautions against overspending.
But it’s also important to consider higher-profit menu items that won’t cost you an arm and a leg to prepare.
And studies actually show that comfort foods like hot sandwiches, homemade breads and appetizers are even more popular during tough economic times.
Following are three economical and space-saving countertop cooking appliances that can also help increase profits:
- Grill a variety of different menu items – hot sandwiches, burgers, quesadillas
- Easy to clean with a grill brush or sponge
- Quickly toast English muffins, Texas toast, bagels
- Two-sided toasting for faster cook times
- Use minimal countertop space to cook a variety of menu items
- Cook chicken fingers, egg rolls and French fries