Great piece this week from QSR about sandwich concepts – here’s the gist and some key equipment and supplies and considerations for sandwich shops.
The Top 100 limited-service sandwich chains grew sales in 2008 by 8.6% to $20.3 billion, according to Technomic.The sandwich-sector findings are detailed in a new study from Technomic, the 2009 Top 100 Limited-Service Sandwich Chains Restaurant Report.Some strategies that the top-performers are using: value-driven menu; healthy approach to sandwiches; convenience with delivery options; high quality menu positioning.
- KEY E&S for sandwich shops:
- panini grills
- prep tables
- squeeze bottles for condiments
- undercounter refrigeration
- conveyor toasters
- walk-in coolers and freezers
- hot-holding cabinets and
- hot/cold pans.
- KEY Considerations: Durability for high volume; accuracy for streamlined and consistent quality and flavor; flexibility to accommodate a wide variety of tastes and preferences.