Congratulations to our latest winner – Brenda S. of Dresden, TN! She won the Mosa cream whipper and charger set.
The winner of today’s drawing will receive a stainless steel barware set with an ice bucket and tongs, martini shaker and wine sleeve…so we thought today would be a great time to share some of our favorite winter cocktails…
- 1 candy cane, crushed, for garnish
- 2 ounces strawberry vodka
- 4 dashes white creme de menthe
- 2 1/2 ounces cranberry juice
- Ice cubes
- Place crushed candy canes on a small plate or saucer. Wet the outside rim of a chilled martini glass with water. Holding the glass by the stem, rotate the rim to coat with candy.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, creme de menthe, cranberry juice, and ice; shake until well combined. Strain into prepared glass; serve immediately.
- 1 shot Applejack
- 1 shot brandy
- 1/4 shot cointreau
- 1/4 shot lemon juice
Mix together the applejack, brandy, cointreau and lemon juice. Shake with ice and strain into a Champagne flute. Fill in with Champagne.
Irish Coffee (of course!)
- One long shot of good espresso
- Two fingers of Irish Whiskey
- Two tablespoons brown sugar
- Fresh heavy cream, laced with a dollop of white sugar, beaten until it’s the consistency of custard, but not whipped to fluffiness.
- Have everything prepared and ready before you start assembling as time is of the essence. Get your nata prepared and keep it nice and cold.
- Pour the whiskey and brown sugar into the Irish Whiskey glass together.
- Then use the espresso steamer to heat the whiskey until it is good and hot and the brown sugar is dissolved, about eight to ten seconds.
- CAREFULLY put a match or lighter to the glass and flame the whiskey for a few seconds. This adds a je ne sais quo to the flavor, and cuts down the alcohol, bringing the caffeine and alcohol into perfect balance.
What’s your favorite winter cocktail?
Be sure to stop by CentralRestaurant.com and enter to win. Tomorrow we are giving away a Black/White Reversible Write-on Board.