Have you ever considered aluminum furniture for your outdoor dining area? Here are a few reasons you should:
- Aluminum is a sturdy, reasonably priced material.
- Painted aluminum requires little maintenance.
- Aluminum furniture is easily cleaned with soap and water.
- Aluminum can be painted or left in its natural state.
If you choose unpainted aluminum furniture there are a few things you should know:
- To clean unpainted aluminum furniture you will need to use a metal polishing paste.
- If you prefer a more natural solution, try two parts boiling water and one part vinegar.
- Never use baking soda! The chemicals in baking soda and washing soda will damage untreated aluminum.
- Avoid a steel brush when scrubbing any corrosion build-up that may occur. It will leave behind bits of metal that will eventually rust. Instead use sandpaper.
- Touch-up the paint as soon as you notice worn patches.
- Give the furniture a new paint job every 2-3 years to keep it in top shape.
- In between paint jobs be sure to wash the aluminum with soap and water. Dry thoroughly in order to avoid damage to the furniture.