Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season. Here is a cookie recipe from All Recipes perfect for all your holiday events. Don’t forget to use the blog on Central’s cooking tips with information for making the best cookies.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
Servings: 24 (2 dozen)
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons Mexican vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter flavored shortening, brown sugar and white sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture. Finally, fold in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until light brown. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Footnotes, Editors Note
Mexican vanilla extract can be found in Mexican grocery stores. If you can’t find it, feel free to substitute regular vanilla extract.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241 | Total Fat: 13.7g | Cholesterol: 22mg