Cinco de Mayo is a popular restaurant holiday because people want to dine out and drink to celebrate! The holiday falls on a Sunday this year, so to maximize the profit your restaurant can make continue reading for ideas on how to throw the best Cinco de Mayo celebration. Don’t forget to shop Central for all of the supplies you’ll need!
Offer Mexican Specials
Cinco de Mayo falls on a less popular day to dine out this year, so it’s a good idea to extend your specials to not only Sunday, but also Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Create a special menu with Mexican themed food and drinks. Have a create-your-own taco buffet, play Latin music for the ambiance, and make sure you’re stocked up on chips, salsa and margaritas.
Don’t forget about dessert! Put your thinking cap on and come up with Mexican-themed dessert specials such as churros, fried ice cream and more! Or, if you really want to get creative, you can try experimenting with Mexican chocolate. This chocolate is bittersweet and has cinnamon and other spices mixed in. If you’re brave enough, hang a piñata filled with candy and prizes such as promotional coupons for 10% off your next meal (or whatever you prefer).
Still need help deciding what to make? Check out our Pinterest board “Celebrate Cinco de Mayo!” for ideas!
Advertise With Flyers and Social Media
Come up with attractive flyers to post around town, on billboards or at local businesses. Make sure your flyers emphasize why customers should choose to celebrate at your restaurants rather than the competition’s. Use free advertising by creating events on Facebook, or spread the word by Tweeting about it, Instagramming, Pinning and more! Social media can be the most economical option because it’s not only free, but reaches out to many, many potential customers.
You must have colorful decorations for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta. Make a large banner to welcome everyone to your restaurant, and attract potential customers driving by. String colorful lights all around your restaurant, especially in the bar area! Fill up bright colored balloons to make centerpieces at each table, or let them float all over your restaurant. Create tissue paper banners and hang them around booths. Visit your local party supply store and search around for cheap, paper cut outs that you can place around your walls. Go online and download free printable decorations to cut out and hang. It doesn’t have to cost a fortune to decorate.
Now… you’ll need the proper supplies to make your Cinco de Mayo celebration just right! Don’t worry, we’ve got everything you need for a perfect party here at Central!
- Drinks will be pouring the entire weekend, so make sure you’ve got enough glass on hand for your customers! There’s nothing worse than not enough glasses for everyone. Shop our glass barware selection from everything to margarita glasses to beer glasses.
- Worried about breaking glass and causing a hazard to customers? Invest in some plastic barware that won’t break or shatter. This way, you won’t get in trouble if someone accidentally cuts themselves on shards. Plastic barware also comes in bright colors – perfect for your Cinco de Mayo fiesta!
- Nothing screams Cinco de Mayo more than colored dinnerware! Switch out your old dinnerware into something that’s more festive. We have a ton of different color options at Central, so you can find the exact color you want.
- These supplies will be essential for any Cinco de Mayo celebration, so make sure you have enough! It wouldn’t be a fiesta without Mexican-themed food. You’ll need tons of extra salsa dishes to accommodate the crowd, as well as taco holders, tortilla warmers and more.
- Now that you have all of your dinnerware, glassware and tabletop supplies, you’ll need some equipment to make all of the delicious menu items! Blenders will be your bartender’s best friend that weekend, along with chip warmers to keep your customers happy. Click here for the full selection of equipment you’ll need.
- This product selection is our longest for Cinco de Mayo – and for good reason! There are so many little accessories that go into a Mexican- themed fiesta that you might forget these products. Cocktail shakers, glass rimmers, marker boards and more will be needed to ensure your celebration goes off without a hitch.
Feeling inspired? Good! Use these ideas and make the best out of the Cinco de Mayo weekend. This holiday can not only increase your profit but also welcomes new customers and boosts the restaurant’s morale!