For the second year in a row, Central celebrated the national holiday Bring Your Son or Daughter to Work Day! It was a full house on Thursday, April 27 as Central employees, and their mini-mes, roamed the halls of our Indianapolis office. Fun was had by all as the kids, ranging in ages from four to thirteen, learned more about the foodservice industry and what it takes to run a business.
Many activities were planned to give our visitors the most insightful, interactive experience possible. Such activities included:
- A meet and greet with the president
- A Q&A with a panel of Central employees representing all departments
- Mock interviews with members of our executive and management teams
- A craft station where they could express their creativity making cards for Riley, one of our sponsored Make-a-Wish kids
- Picking orders in the warehouse (including a ton of bubble wrapped fun!)
- An introduction to how Central uses social media, which turned into a social media takeover
There was also an ice cream bar provided by our friends at Sani-Serv/Sesco, and concluded with a lunch catered by the good people at Phoenix Marketing.
Here’s what some of the participants had to say:
“My favorite part about today has been the job interviews because the people running them have taught me a few tips about interviewing.” – Gabe, 12
“What I like most about Central is that everyone is nice.” – Mia, 7
“My dad works at Central. Is job is to go out and fix things.” – Molly, 7
“My favorite part about today has been the interviews and social media! And hanging out with my daddy.” – Darcy, 8
“What I like most about Central is the ice cream!” – Molly, 7