Who is Metro?
Intermetro has aimed to make the world more organized and efficient for over 80 years. Now, Metro offers over 30,000 products ranging from wire shelving and heated cabinets to food pan carriers and special application carts. Each product is carefully designed to expertly meet the needs of commercial operators, no matter the size of their kitchen! So, what are two must have Metro products for your kitchen? The Metro Mightylite and Metro Shelving!
Food Pan Carriers
The MightyLite Insulated Pan Carrier from Metro is the top pick from chef’s! Extra strong, extra light weight, and extra insulated. The pan carrier is designed to make moving hot or cold food easier – making it perfect for catering! The Mightylite has ergonomic built-in handles, safe holding for 5+ hours, a 270 degree swing door for easy loading, and advanced polymer foam construction for unbelievable strength. See the incredible strength for yourself here!
Shelving in a commercial kitchen is essential. For storing ingredients, ware-washing, and so much more, your shelving will be used each and every day. Intermetro offers wire, plastic, solid, and adjustable shelving, all made with uncompromised reliability and flexibility to fit the needs of your unique configuration. A variety of materials and finishes are all offered to fit every application. Which finish best fits your environment?
- Stainless Steel: for the most aggressive applications and environments
- Chrome Plating: the “real” Nickel-chrome finish for dry, low humidity environments. Metro’s chrome finish includes a protective lacquer coat
- BRITE: economical, chromate finish for dry, low humidity environments. Provides the look of chrome and includes a protective lacquer coat
- Metroseal 3 Epoxy: corrosion resistant finish for wet or high humidity environments. Microban antimicrobial product protection is built into the finish to keep the product “cleaner between cleanings”
- Standard Epoxy: a plastic aesthetic and basic protection for dry environments. Black epoxy is NSF listed for dry environments.
But it’s not just the finish that is important to consider when picking shelving for your commercial kitchen. The application of the shelf will also dictate the style that is needed:
- Vented: shelf design allows for easier loading and unloading of product, as well as good air circulation for drying and temperature regulation (to help prevent mold!). Vented shelving is also generally lower in weight which allows for easier mobility
- Solid: shelf design is ideal for messy areas like food prep and ware-washing to control spills and store small items because the surface is easy to clean
Need more information on Intermetro shelving before making a decision? We completely understand! We know that Metro sets the standards for durable and innovative shelving, and we know that with thousands of options, it can be overwhelming! See the video below from Metro comparing their industry leading shelving and call one of our helpful product consultants at 800.215.9293 for one on one assistance. If you are ready to shop, browse online with Central to see all of the great products that Metro has to offer!