Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Today’s Throwback Thursday takes us back to Scotman’s visit to Central in 2011 for St. Patrick’s Day! The food truck named “Luv the Nug” serves the original chewable ice (with added flavoring to make delicious snowcones!) Check them out here!
March Madness is almost here!
The first round kicks off March 15. Across the country, restaurants and bars are preparing to celebrate the annual college basketball tournament in style- from bracket contests, games, drink specials and more! So fill out your bracket and check out these ideas guaranteed to make your event a slam dunk!
1. Bracket contests are essential!
Not only are they one of the most popular types of contests, they are a March Madness must! Keep an up to date bracket going on a large poster board and make your contest stand out by offering custom promotions like half-off appetizers or cheaper pints to those customers who win big!
2. Nothing goes with basketball quite like beer!
Keep it flowing this season with good bucket and pitcher specials. And for those customers who aren’t beer fans, consider these basketball-themed cocktail recipes.
3. Have munchies on hand.
This is a great opportunity to let your creativity run free! From basketball shaped sliders, bean dip and tortilla chips, to Nutter Butter referees, there are tons of inventive, out-of-the-box things you can do with food! Here are some other suggestions to get the creative juices flowing.
4. What about games?
If space allows, setup cornhole tournaments to complement the game, or mount a small basketball hoop on a wall or door. Is space an issue? Basketball themed trivia is also a blast! Here are 21 fun facts about March Madness to get you started.
5. Dress the part!
Go all out with referee attire or jerseys from your favorite college team. Whistles and basketball keychains make great party favors also!
Doing anything unique this March Madness season? Let us know in the reply section below!
Be sure to visit the Central Restaurant Products website to stock up on equipment and supplies to make this and future events a success!
Juicers around the world, I hope you’re ready to celebrate: today is National Green Juice Day! Green juice is a wonderful source of potassium and vitamin A, and a great way to incorporate fruits and vegetables in your diet!
Now, I won’t lie to you, dear reader. As a youngster, the closest I ever came to drinking green juice is when I had Hi-C’s Ecto Cooler as a kid. However, as I’ve gotten older, I’ve come to really appreciate the benefits of green juice that isn’t loaded with high fructose corn syrup and food coloring, and found that it doesn’t taste too bad, either!
Below are a list of recipes we’ve found for you to try. Of course, for best results you should have a juicer handy. Don’t have a juicer? Check out Central’s assortment of commercial juicers here!
Looking for some fun, new cocktails to bring in the holiday spirit? Look no further! From fizzy to fancy, these will have you covered!
1. Winter Bourbon Smash
If you’re looking for a drink that’s fruity, not too sweet, slightly creamy, bright with citrus, not too strong and easy to make – this is the one for you!
2. Eggnog Martini
Looking for a way to update a holiday classic? Take Eggnog up a notch for the adults with this Eggnog Martini recipe!
3. Holiday Mule
Mules have been increasingly popular in the past few years, and now this classic gets a holiday twist using cranberry juice and spicy ginger beer.
4. Autumn Crush
From Verses From My Kitchen
Just because the holidays are here, doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy apple cider. This drink uses, rum, cider, syrup and chai tea making the perfect comforting combination.
5. Winter Sangria
Sangrias aren’t just for the summer anymore! Cozy up to this sangria filled with apples, pomegranate, cranberries, clementines and a hint of rosemary!
6. Chili Cinnamon Bourbon Hot Toddy
Not your momma’s hot toddy! This recipe kicks it up a notch using both cinnamon and chilies.
7. Candy Cane Cocktail
It wouldn’t be the holiday season without a Candy Cane Cocktail! This unique recipe incorporates strawberry vodka for a twist!
8. Winter Solstice Cocktail
This cocktail is a refreshing alternate for the season, using freshly squeezed lemon juice and club soda.
9. Hot Buttered Hazelnut Whisky
If you’re looking for something warm to finish up your evening, this is the drink for you. Sit by the fire and relax!
10. Champagne Cocktail
This easy champagne recipe will work perfectly for a toast to the new year!
From our family to yours, Happy Thanksgiving!
Let’s face it: everyone goes crazy for fall – especially the food. Each year brings about new fall-flavored delights ranging from sweet to savory. What foods are you looking forward to the most?
1. Pumpkin Spice Latte M&Ms
Fall’s coveted drink has been converted into America’s favorite chocolatey treat! M&Ms is on a roll, because they’re also introducing a Pecan Pie flavor. Fall and chocolate? Count me in!
2. Pumpkin Pie Poptarts
This was a must-try for our Content Specialist Tracey! Just thinking about warming up a classic Poptart with pumpkin pie filling… every day can be Thanksgiving!
3. Pumpkin Spice Almonds
Looking for a healthy way to get your pumpkin spice fix? Planters and Blue Diamond are coming out with pumpkin spice flavored almonds.
4. Caramel Apple Mini Donuts
Are you more of an apple fan? Tastykake launched apple-flavored mini donuts with a caramel crumble topping. Oh and if you’re still on team pumpkin spice, they’ll have you covered soon!
5. Cranberry Apple Australian Yoghurt
Noosa had a hit last year with their pumpkin-swirled yoghurt, so this year they launched cranberry apple! Sounds like the best of Thanksgiving wrapped in one flavor.
6. Fall Seasonal Sampler Beer
Both Blue Moon and Samuel Adams’ have released their fall sampler set. Samuel Adams’ set contains their popular Boston Lager, Hoppy Red, Octoberfest and Harvest Pumpkin. Blue Moon’s set offers their Belgian White, White IPA, Cinnamon Horchata Ale and Limited Release Chai Spiced Ale.
7. DavidsTea Fall Tea Collection
Want to be a part of the hot, fall drink trend but not a coffee drinker? DavidsTea’s fall collection includes five seasonal flavors: Honeycrisp Apple, Pumpkin Chai, Nutty by Nature, Cranberry Orange Muffin and Peanut Butter Cup.
8. Hot Cocoa Cookie Dough
Whether you’re an adult or child, hot chocolate is always a favorite. Now, you can have your hot chocolate and eat it too with Toll House’s new hot cocoa cookie dough! Chocolate dough with marshmallow filling and chocolate chips – you can’t go wrong!
Fall… Gone Too Far?
Every season brings about some of most delicious, and wackiest fall flavors. Here are some of the crazier ones we found: Pumpkin Spice Hommus, Salty Caramel Apple Vodka, Pumpkin Shandy and Maple Flavored Bacon Jerky.
What are your favorite fall foods? Let us know in the comments!
Looking for a little luck on St. Patrick’s Day? Find these great deals and more at participating restaurants across the country!
- Bennigan’s month-long “Blarney Blast” celebration that includes prizes, special Irish-themed entrees and drink specials. Plus, one grand prize winner will win a trip to Ireland for two! Customers at Bennigan’s across the country will get scratch-off cards for the chance to win prizes like an iPad mini or free meals, appetizers and desserts. To read more about the “Blarney Blast”, click here!
- Bennigan’s special Irish-themed entrees will be available throughout March and include Irish Street Tacos, Reuben Egg Rolls, Corned Beef & Cabbage, Finn’s Beer-Battered Fish & Chips and Beer Cheese Soup. Their St. Patrick’s Day drink specials are inspired by iconic Irish cities and include the Merrymaker’s Martini (Belfast), Shamrockin’ Sangria (Galway), Irish Beer Blaster (Dublin), Lucky Limerick (Limerick), Irish Mule (Waterford), Blarney’s Magic (Cork) and The Tipsy Irishman (The Emerald Isle).
- Bruegger’s Bagels: Green bagels from Saturday, March 14 until Tuesday, March 17th, 2015. Bruegger’s Bagels eClub members will be receiving a coupon for $2 off a Big Bagel Bundle, which includes 13 bagels of any variety and two tubs of cream cheese. Coupon valid at participating bakeries.
- Caribou Coffee: St. Patrick’s Day Mint Mocha available until March 17th, 2015.
- Carvel: Oreo with Mint ice cream flavor in Sundae Dashers and more, for a limited time only.
- Cheeseburger in Paradise: St. Patrick’s Day specials on green beer, green cocktails, Reuben burgers and more on March 17, 2015. Get a Reuben burger for $10.99, a green 14-oz draft beer for $2.50, a green 22-oz draft beer for $3.50, 100-oz green beer draft tubes for $15.99 and Electric Lizards for $4.00.
- Cracker Barrel: Corned beef and cabbage served up until March 17th, 2015.
- Jamba Juice: Buy one, get one coupon to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
- Joe’s Crab Shack: $10 off coupon to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
- Krispy Kreme: Special St. Patrick’s Day doughnuts including a Sprinkle Doughnut and Shamrock doughnut. Krispy Kreme also has limited-edition basketball doughnuts to celebrate March Madness.
- Lone Star Steakhouse: 99-cent PBR’s and $5 starters all day on St. Patrick’s Day.
- McCormick & Schmick’s: St. Patrick’s Day bar menu including Guinness Beer-Battered Fish & Chips, Guinness Beer Steamed Black Mussels, Corned Beef & Cabbage and three Corned Beef Sliders. Available in the bar area only.
- McDonald’s: The quintessential Shamrock Shake is back – but for a limited time only!
- Sonic: All shakes are half price on Tuesday, March 17 2015
- Bob Evans: Coupon for $4 off of a $20 purchase, good through March 31, 2015
- Red Lobster: Coupons for $3 off two lunch entrees or $4 off two dinner entrees. Good through March 22, 2015.
Keep checking back for an updated list of specials!
*Featured image courtesy of Clever Cupcakes