It is warming up outside which means people will be spending more time outdoors, particularly cooking outdoors. One of the best things about summer is grilled nachos. Yes, you heard right. Grilled nachos. With a little bit of prep work, this is a real crowd-pleaser. The reason it works so well is that everyone gets the toppings they want! People get to customize! Read on to find out how you can have a nacho bar at your next gathering!
Grilled Nachos: The Necessities
- Baking pans, Pizza pans work great for this!
- Tortilla chips. You can use white or yellow corn chips, but if you want to change it up or add some color, you can opt for black bean and rice or red bean and rice chips.
- Ground beef cooked with taco seasoning
- Refried and/or black beans
- Jalapeno peppers, fresh, not pickled and cut into medallions. I prefer to leave the seeds in for extra heat, but you can remove them if you want a milder nacho.
- Poblano peppers, chopped and seeds removed.
- White onion, chopped
- Shredded Mexican style cheese
- A Hot grill
- Salsa or Pico de Gallo, guacamole, and/or sour cream: These items go on after you have pulled your nachos off of the grill.
Grilled Nachos: Assembly Line Strategy
Once you have all the above items prepped and in their own separate bowls, line them up on the counter or a table. This will resemble an assembly line process. People get their pan, fill it with chips and whichever toppings they desire. Make sure to place the chips nicely on the pan, not just a pile. This will help ensure that each chip gets its share of toppings. Put the cheese on last, to help hold all those great toppings in place!
Fire Up the Grill!
Now you are ready for the grill. You will want to make sure that the grill is preheated at medium high, and the grate is clean before you place your nacho pan onto the grill. There is no real set time for them to cook since each pan is a custom job. Just keep an eye on them, when your cheese is all melted and the edges are nice and crispy, they are ready to enjoy!
Get Geared Up!
We’ve got all the cutlery, dishes and pans that you will need to make this a success. If you don’t want to cut up vegetables by hand, try a food and vegetable processor! Have questions about which products are best for you? Call 1-800-215-9293 to speak with one of our knowledgeable product consultants.